Special Issue "Data Technology Applications in Life, Diseases, and Health"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 October 2021.
2. Faculty of Information Technology, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City 700000, Vietnam
Interests: big data and databases; data mining; biomedical informatics; and bioinformatics; deep learning and interdisciplinary applications
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
2. Research and Development Center, Ellexi, Seoul 06764, South Korea
Interests: software engineering; data mining; big data analysis; bioinformatics; healthcare; vision; speech; natural language processing; machine learning; deep learning
The goal of this Special Issue is to explore how emerging technology solutions and real world applications in human life, disease, cancer, healthcare, and hospitals can help human beings to lead heathy lives as well as enhance wellbeing. Specifically, innovative contributions that either solve or advance the understanding of issues related to emerging technologies and applications as well as practical and experiences in the real world are very welcome.
This Special Issue also seeks to not only present solutions that combine state-of-the-art devices, computer software, model-based approaches for exploiting the huge health and bio data, and also the Internet of Things resources available (while ensuring that these systems are explainable to domain experts), but also new methods that more generally describe the successful application of emerging technologies and spectra, and science and engineering to issues such as disease, cancer, knowledge discovery, databases, sensor device and user interfaces, software design, and system implementation in the medical domain, as well as the healthcare, biology, and wellbeing domains. The main idea is to cover the applications of emerging technologies and spectra, and science and engineering issues addressing all facets of solutions in the real world from databases, disease, and human health technology from a wellbeing and healthy life perspective.
The general idea behind this Special Issue is to disseminate knowledge of the healthy life of human beings without disease from various engineering, scientific, and social settings that exploit big data, new models and emerging technologies.
This Special Issue will include papers that span a wide range of topics in the fields of applied medical systems and software, medical informatics, healthcare, bioinformatics, and databases, ranging from methodological aspects to theoretical and technological views. More specifically, this Special Issue will cover some emerging and real-world application research topics concerning new trends in applied databases, AI, applications, and emerging technologies including management, design, algorithms, models, hardware and software and their interfaces, data analytics, and real world solutions such as machine learning, deep learning, knowledge discovery, feature selection, data analytics, big data platforms, system design and implementation, all of which are technologies-related to the healthy lives of human beings.
A variety of modern real-life settings along with academic and industrial contexts could benefit from the dissemination of these advances and novel paradigms covering all facets of the databases, models and systems, and applicable technologies. Industries and modern applications could share their experience in exploiting approaches to models and systems for academic and industrial solutions keeping pace with the latest technologies. Academics could identify open research issues coming from industrial and real-life contexts to continuously support methodological and technological solutions.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
This Special Issue welcomes the submission of technical, experimental, methodological, and data analytical, developing and implementing contributions focused on real-world problems and systems, as well as on general applications of AI, data mining, and data analytic methodologies in emerging technology solutions and real world applications related to life, disease, cancer, healthcare, and hospitals that can help human beings to lead heathy lives, including but not limited to the following topics:
- Data mining and knowledge discovery in healthcare
- Machine and deep learning approaches for disease, and health data
- Decision support systems for healthcare and wellbeing
- Regression and forecasting for medical and/or biomedical signals
- Healthcare and wellness information systems
- Medical signal and image processing and techniques
- Applications of AI techniques in healthcare and wellbeing systems
- Medical data, knowledge bases, and informatics
- Intelligent computing and platforms in medicine and healthcare
- Biomedical applications
- Biomedical text mining
- Deep learning and methods to explain disease prediction
- Big data frameworks and architectures for applied medical and health data
- Visualization and interactive interfaces related to healthcare systems
- Recommending and decision-making models and systems based on AI and data mining technologies
- Machine learning and deep learning applications for life, disease, cancer, healthcare, and hospitals
- Querying and filtering on heterogeneous, multi-source streaming life and health data
- Life situation awareness and social network analysis
- Internet of things and data management for human life
- Data and applications for human life; data and applications for technology improvement
- Emerging technologies and applications of data, database, big data, and data mining, AI, models
- systems, and semantic techniques in the following sectors: human life, disease, cancer, healthcare, and hospital, etc.
Dr. Keun Ho Ryu
Dr. Erdenebileg Batbaatar
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Disease and Cancer
- Databases and Big Data
- Bio, Medical, and Health Informatics
- Human Life and Wellbeing
- Emerging Technologies