Special Issue "Augmented Reality: Current Trends, Challenges and Prospects"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 January 2020).
Interests: human–computer interaction; augmented reality; gesture interface; fusion of real world and virtual world; next generation e-commerce service
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Augmented Reality (AR)/Mixed Reality (MR), which adds virtual stuff to our real world environment, are expected to become a big part of our future life. AR overlays digital information on real-world elements. MR brings real world and digital elements together. AR/MR technology bridges the gap between the cyber-physical IoT and the real world. With AR/MR, we can interact with physical and virtual world, using next-generation sensing and imaging technologies. AR/MR allows us to see and immerse ourselves in the world around us even as we interact with a virtual environment.
The purpose of this Special Issue is to bring together state-of-the-art achievements on Augmented Reality and Its Applications. We encourage authors to submit original research articles, case studies, reviews, theoretical and critical perspectives, and viewpoint articles on the following topics, but not limited to:
- Multimedia & sensory input, including affective computing and human behavior sensing for AR/MR, multisensory analysis, integration, and synchronization;
- Speech, gestures, tracking techniques for AR/MR;
- Multisensory experiences and improved immersion, including audio-visual installations, haptics/tactile, etc;
- Interaction design & new approaches for interaction in AR/MR, incl. tangible interfaces, multimodal communication and collaborative experiences;
- Applications, such as Healthcare, Virtual travel, Lifelogging, E-sports, Games, etc use cases, prototypes, or prove of concepts；
- Social aspects of AR/MR interaction, etc.
Prof. Jiro Tanaka
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Multimedia & sensory input for AR/MR;
- Affective computing;
- Human behavior sensing;
- Gesture interface;
- Machine learning techniques for input recognition;
- New interaction design for AR/MR;
- AR/MR applications: Healthcare, Virtual travel, Lifelogging, E-sports, Games, etc;
- Issues on real world and virtual world integration;
- Social aspects in AR/MR interaction…