Special Issue "Applied Groundwater Modelling for Water Resources Management and Protection"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 January 2022) | Viewed by 29208
Interests: water resources; groundwater modelling; solute transport; vulnerability assessment; uncertainty analysis; sensitivity analysis
Groundwater models are powerful tools for water resources management and protection. With the availability of powerful computers, user-friendly tools, and many open source codes, the usage of models is becoming more popular than ever. Despite their popularity, the development of robust models requires critical elements such as proper conceptualization, appropriate boundaries, and good calibration and validation, among other things. This is often a challenging task due to the complexity of hydrogeological settings and the limited available data.
This Special Issue focuses on the latest developments and applications of flow models for water resources management and protection. We invite you to submit your latest research works on subjects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Regional modelling studies for complex hydrogeological settings.
- Groundwater models for catchment management.
- Modelling transboundary aquifers.
- Aquifer storage and recovery modelling.
- Groundwater/surface water interaction.
- Modelling the impact of climate change on water resources.
- The use and application of artificial intelligence in groundwater modelling.
- Model calibration with data scarcity.
- Modelling saturated/unsaturated flow.
Prof. Dr. Husam Baalousha
Prof. Dr. Christopher Lowry
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Regional modelling studies for complex hydrogeological setting
- Groundwater models for catchment management
- Modelling transboundary aquifers
- Aquifer storage and recovery modelling
- Groundwater/surface water interaction
- Modelling impact of climate change on water resources
- The use and application of artificial intelligence in groundwater modelling
- Model calibration with data scarcity
- Modelling saturated/unsaturated flow