Special Issue "Selected Papers from the 5th International Conference on Applications of Optics and Photonics (AOP2021)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2021.
Interests: optical metrology; image processing; thin films and nanostructures; optics education
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Coatings: Optical Coatings and Coatings for Optics and Photonics—Selected Papers from the 4th International Conference on Applications of Optics and Photonics
Special Issue in Sustainability: Hands-On Science: Developing a Sustainable Education System
Special Issue in Photonics: Advances on Applications of Optics and Photonics
Interests: optical sensors
The 5th International Conference on Applications of Optics and Photonics (AOP2021) will be held in Guimarães (Portugal), 19–23 July 2021. Since its first edition back in 2011, the AOP conference has provided an excellent opportunity to foster, in an open and friendly environment, the establishment of the widest range of cooperation projects and relationships with colleagues and institutions involved in optics and photonics research from all around the world. With this conference, open to contributions in all domains of optics and photonics and application fields, we expect to review the state of the art in these subjects and to foresee and discuss the future of research in optics and photonics. A large number of plenary and keynote lectures by world-renowned researchers in all fields of optics and photonics will set the quality standards of a varied and exciting scientific program.
We are honored to serve as Guest Editors of this Special Issue to be published in Sensors that will contain a selection of papers submitted and accepted at the AOP2021 conference in subjects relevant to the Sensors journal. Its main scope is to provide a timely and broad collection of the most innovative topics discussed at the latest edition of the conference related to applications of optics and photonics. We warmly invite researchers to submit their contributions, both original research articles and review papers, to this Special Issue. Topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Nanophotonics, plasmonics, theoretical optics, and quantum and nonlinear optics;
- Optical communications and sensors;
- Optical fibers and applications;
- Biophotonics and biomedical and medical applications of optics and photonics;
- Ultrafast lasers, ultrafast optics, and power lasers;
- Optical metrology, image processing, and industrial applications;
- Optometry, ophthalmic optics, and color and visual sciences;
- Microwave photonics;
- Photonics and optical instrumentation for space and astronomy;
- Optics and photonics for smart mobility and smart cities.
Prof. Dr. Manuel Filipe P. C. M. Costa
Prof. Dr. Orlando Frazão
Prof. Dr. Rogerio Nogueira
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Nanophotonics, plasmonics, theoretical optics, and quantum and nonlinear optics
- Optical communications and sensors
- Optical fibers and applications
- Biophotonics and biomedical and medical applications of optics and photonics
- Ultrafast lasers, ultrafast optics, and power lasers
- Optical metrology, image processing, and industrial applications
- Optometry, ophthalmic optics, and color and visual sciences
- Microwave photonics
- Photonics and optical instrumentation for space and astronomy
- Optics and photonics for smart mobility and smart cities