Special Issue "Selected Papers from Open Repositories 2018"
A special issue of Publications (ISSN 2304-6775).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2018)
William J. Nixon
University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Northwestern University, USA
University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Following the very successful Open Repositories 2018 in Bozeman, Montana, USA, we would like to build on the conference theme of “Sustaining Open” with a Special Issue of peer-reviewed papers, which further develop individual presentations and the broader conference theme. We would like to invite you, as a presenter at OR2018, to contribute to this Special Issue.
There were over 200 submissions to Open Repositories 2018 and over 140 were accepted as conference papers, panels and developer talks across a range of themes, including:
- Open source software – sustainability of software developed locally and large open source systems, legacy code
- Community – reaching out to new audiences, developing a community, governance
- Content – research data, digital preservation, persistent urls, archiving
- Teams/People – staff and knowledge within the community, contingency planning, training and development, and succession planning
- Projects – sustainability of projects beyond the grant, maturing communities
- Infrastructure/Integrations – integrations between systems, changing technical environments
- Policy – national, international, local and community policy and decisions
- Challenges of Sustainability – funding, local, technical, community
- Rights and Copyright – including data protection, sharing and storing of content
- Reuse, Standards, and Reproducibility – for example software, data, content types
- New open technologies and standards
William J. Nixon
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Publications is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) is waived for well-prepared manuscripts submitted to this issue. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Open Access
- Open Scholarship
- Open Data
- Open Science
- Research Data
- Cultural Heritage