Special Issue "Nanomaterials for Renewable and Sustainable Energy"
A special issue of Nanomaterials (ISSN 2079-4991).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2018)
The utilization of nanomaterials in technologies for renewable energy and sustainability applications continues to represent an important area of academic and commercial research. There are numerous mechanisms by which the integration of nanomaterials can improve device performance. These include, for example, facilitation of increased harvesting and conversion efficiencies, simplified and rapid manufacturing processes for novel device architectures, and improved energy storage properties. We invite authors to contribute original research articles or comprehensive review articles covering the most recent progress and new developments in the design and utilization of nanomaterials for highly efficient, novel devices relevant to applications in renewable energy and sustainability. This special issue aims to cover a broad range of subjects, from nanomaterials synthesis to the design and characterization of energy devices and technologies with nanomaterial integration. The format of welcomed articles includes full papers, communications, and reviews. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Nanomaterials development, synthesis, and fabrication for renewable energy applications;
- Novel micro/nanofabrication technologies for efficient energy devices;
- Design and preparation of novel nanotextured/nanostructured surfaces for improved energy harvesting and conversion efficiencies;
- Low-dimensional nanomaterials or nanocomposites for renewable energies;
- Green techniques for energy-related nanomaterials processing;
- Nanomaterial-based technologies for sustainability and environmental issues;
- Other studies of nanoscience and nanotechnology associated with renewable energy and sustainability.
Prof. Dr. Ming-Tsang Lee
Prof. Dr. Coleman X. Kronawitter
Prof. Dr. Seung Hwan Ko
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nanomaterials is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- energy conversion
- transport phenomena
- nanomaterials synthesis and characterizations
- nano/microfabrications for energy devices
- nanotechnology for sustainability