Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Applications of Wireless Sensor Networks: The State of the Art and Future Trends"
A special issue of Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (ISSN 2224-2708). This special issue belongs to the section "Network Services and Applications".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2023) | Viewed by 6899
Special Issue Editors
Interests: automatic control and automation methodologies and systems; wireless sensor networks; internet of things
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Future Internet: Applications of Wireless Sensor Networks and Internet of Things
Special Issue in Algorithms: Computational Intelligence in Wireless Sensor Networks and IoT
Special Issue in Electronics: Advanced Wireless Sensor Networks: Applications, Challenges and Research Trends
Special Issue in Future Internet: Wireless Sensor Networks in the IoT
Interests: mobile services and applications; network services; open APIs and software/middleware technologies; software performance optimization; IoT
Interests: wireless sensor networks; network services; communication protocols; software technologies; signaling protocols; performance evaluation and testing of network elements
Special Issue Information
The continuous achievement of technological progress has empowered the inexpensive production of wireless sensor nodes that despite their relatively small size have exceptionally advanced sensing, processing, and communication abilities. The cooperative use of a sufficient quantity of such sensor nodes enables a Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) to perform concurrent data acquisition of ambient information at several points of interest situated over wide areas.
For this reason, although WSNs were initially used mainly for military purposes, nowadays they support an ever-growing range of human activity in applications of different types and consequently are generally recognized as a very important scientific domain.
This Special Issue aims to accommodate research articles that are related with the most recent stage of technological development and future prospects of WSN applications. Specifically, contributions that address but are not restricted to the following topics are welcome:
- Healthcare applications: monitoring of hospitalized patients, distant monitoring of patents and elderly people, body wearable monitoring, wireless health examinations, etc.
- Environmental applications: air monitoring, water monitoring, forest monitoring, fire early detection, seismic activity monitoring, tsunami detection, volcanic activity monitoring, landslide detection, flood detection and monitoring, etc.
- Military applications: combat monitoring, battlefield surveillance, targeting, battle damage assessment, intruder detection, etc.
- Athletic applications: athletic performance evaluation, body exhaustion and retrieval monitoring, monitoring of people movement, etc.
- Agricultural applications: precision agriculture, greenhouse monitoring, crop monitoring, automatic irrigation, etc.
- Structural health monitoring: monitoring of the changes in materials or/and properties of structural systems, detection and characterization of damage in buildings, bridges, roads and other structures, etc.
- Environmental monitoring applications: early fire detection, landslide detection, detection and monitoring of floods and river overflows, forest monitoring, mine monitoring, etc.
- Industrial applications: field inspection, machinery health monitoring, tracking in logistics, monitoring of manufacturing processes, etc.
- Smart life applications: home automation, smart buildings, smart parking monitoring, smart traffic control, smart transportation, etc.
- Habitat applications: livestock farming, animal health monitoring, wildlife tracking, etc.
- Power system applications: smart grids, electrical distribution monitoring, automatic meter remote reading, etc.
Invited papers have to be original and neither published nor under review in any other conference or journal.
Prof. Dr. Dionisis Kandris
Prof. Dr. Nikolaos Tselikas
Dr. George Tselikis
Dr. Ilias Politis
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs)
- healthcare applications
- environmental applications
- military applications
- athletic applications
- agricultural applications
- structural health monitoring
- environmental monitoring applications
- industrial applications
- smart life applications
- habitat applications
- power system applications