Network Services and Applications
A section of Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (ISSN 2224-2708).
The Network Services and Applications Section of the Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks focuses on recent advances in the state-of-the art of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks (WSAN) services and applications.
The Internet of Things has grown significantly in terms of the number of IoT devices, as well as the amount of, and variations in, data generated by these devices. This growth requires new network services and/or improvements in the existing ones to meet the requirements of the new IoT applications and use-cases across various domains and sectors. To sustain the evolution of IoT, foundational and advanced research and practices are required in various areas of network services and applications. Furthermore, it is critical to investigate and utilise various enabling technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT), Virtual, Augmented and mixed Reality (VR, AR and MR), to mention a few.
The Section welcomes research contributions and reviews in all areas relating to Network Services and Applications. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Network management, monitoring and automation;
- Network structural analysis;
- Networks interoperability;
- Network optimization;
- Techniques and algorithms to improve the network efficiency;
- Emerging standards for network services and applications;
- Cloud, fog and edge computing;
- Low-power wide area networks (LPWAN);
- 5G and beyond;
- Network and applications Security & Privacy;
- Network Architecture and systems design;
- Middleware for the Internet of Things;
- Cognitive radio;
- Software-defined networks (SDN);
- Network functions virtualization (NFV);
- Cyber-physical systems;
- Distributed systems and systems of systems;
- AI for network services and applications;
- DLT/blockchain for network services and applications;
- VR, AR and MR for network services and applications;
- IoT/WSAN applications (healthcare, environmental, agricultural, structural health monitoring, environmental monitoring, industrial, smart cities, smart grids, etc.).
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- AI and IoT Convergence for Sustainable Smart Manufacturing (Deadline: 20 February 2024)
- Fault Diagnosis in the Internet of Things Applications (Deadline: 24 March 2024)