Special Issue "Selected Papers from 24th UK Academy for Information Systems International Conference"
A special issue of Informatics (ISSN 2227-9709).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2019
Prof. David Wainwright
Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University City Campus East 1, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST, UK
Website | E-Mail
Interests: digital health technologies, healthcare information systems, sociotechnical systems design, information systems integration and user adoption, evidence-based management and information systems
The UKAIS conference is the premier academic event in the information systems calendar within the UK, and attracts leading scholars from the UK and overseas. It is a charity, whose aims are to enhance the recognition and knowledge of IS within the UK, and to provide a forum for discussing issues in IS teaching and research. UKAIS recognizes the importance of including practitioners in its work.
For this Special Issue of Informatics, we welcome papers presented at the conference that debate and reflect on the progress and future prospects of social transformation through information systems, or on any related topic including the following:
- Artificial intelligence systems;
- Bridging the digital divide: emancipatory IS;
- Business intelligence and decision support;
- Business process management;
- eBusiness and competitive strategy;
- Economics and the value of IS;
- eGovernment solutions For citizens;
- Enterprise systems;
- European and cultural issues in IS;
- Healthcare information systems;
- Human–computer interactions;
- Inter-organizational systems;
- Innovative applications of IS in teaching;
- IS diversity and diversity in IS;
- IS artefacts and IS artefact design;
- IS innovation, adoption and diffusion;
- IS governance and sourcing;
- Research methods and philosophy;
- Project management and IS development;
- Social media;
- Service engineering and service management;
- Ubiquitous and mobile information systems;
- Technologies to promote a healthy and secure society.
This Special Issue will contain the expanded versions of selected papers presented at the 24th UK Academy for Information Systems International Conference (https://www.ukais.org/Conference) held in St Catherine's College, University of Oxford, UK, 9th–10th April 2019.
Prof. Dr. Rachel McLean
Prof. David Wainwright
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Informatics is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 350 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- information systems
- social transformation
- research methods