Special Issue "Human Factors in Security and Privacy in IoT (HFSP-IoT)"
A special issue of Informatics (ISSN 2227-9709).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 March 2019)
This Special Issue of Informatics welcomes submissions on the topic of security and privacy in the context of IoT, while focusing on the human aspect. IoT includes smart homes, which include devices such as digital assistance (e.g., Google Home and Alexa) and smart health, including devices such as fitness trackers. There are several aspects that are of high interest for this Special Issue. These aspects include:
- Investigations into the deployment of these solutions, especially studies related to the acceptability of these solutions.;
- Research into how humans are expected to interact with IoT devices to secure them, how they can be compromised,
- Research into how humans are expected to configure IoT devices to preserve their privacy, and perceptions of privacy-related IoT behaviours.
- Studies that reveal new security vulnerabilities or privacy violations facilitated by the design of the “human–IoT” interface.
- Studies on user awareness and perception of potential security and privacy threats and risks
We would like to include some solutions in our Special Issue: Those that address vulnerabilities and potential privacy invasiveness of IoT devices. Our overall theme is IoT, and we will accept a wide range of papers related to either security or privacy of IoT devices, either in or out of the home.
We encourage authors to submit their original research articles, surveys, reviews, and viewpoint articles labeled as position papers. This Special Issue welcomes applications, theories, models, and frameworks—whether conceptual, analytical, prescriptive, predictive, design-related, or otherwise—that are concerned with (but not limited to) the following topics as they relate to HFSP-IoT.
Prof. Dr. Melanie Volkamer
Prof. Dr. Karen Renaud
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Informatics is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 350 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Human-Focused IoT Security
- Human-Focused IoT Privacy
- Human-Focused IoT Solutions to Security and Privacy Problems
- Acceptance of security and privacy IoT Solutions
- Awareness raising
- Mental Models about IoT threats and risks
- Real life observations of human interactions with IoT devices (with a security or privacy slant)
- Studies of IoT uses in developing countries that report specific security or privacy challenges