Special Issue "E-Cigarettes: Epidemiology, Policy and Public Health"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601). This special issue belongs to the section "Global Health".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2016).
Interests: tobacco; alcohol; opioids; prescription drugs; marijuana; policy; prevention; environmental strategies; research to practice
I am organizing a Special Issue on electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) for the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. The venue is a peer-reviewed scientific journal that publishes articles and communications in the interdisciplinary area of environmental health sciences and public health. For detailed information on the journal, I refer you to https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph.
The development of these products, their introduction into markets around the world, and the dramatic upsurge in their use have raised a slew of important research questions. These include questions related to the following:
- Measurement (e.g., How can quantity and frequency of use be reliably measured? How can the type of product used best be measured?)
- Marketing (e.g., What marketing efforts are different populations being exposed to? What is the impact of marketing on smokers and nonsmokers?)
- Politics (e.g., How are traditional cigarette manufacturers and exclusive ENDS manufacturers and retailers attempting to influence policy? How has the advent of ENDS changed the orientation towards tobacco control of governments, non-government organizations, and industry?)
- Epidemiology (e.g., How do characteristics of ENDS users vary across nations? What are the patterns of dual- or poly-use of ENDS with other tobacco products?)
- Policy (e.g., what effects do age-of-sale laws, prohibitions on use in public places, and other policies have on ENDS and combustible tobacco experimentation, use, and cessation at the population level?)
This Special Issue is open to any subject area related to ENDS epidemiology, policy, and public health. The keywords I’ve listed below are meant to suggest a few of the many possibilities. Inquiries regarding potential topics are welcome.
Prof. Dr. Mark Wolfson
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2300 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Dual Use
- Product Switching