Special Issue "Selected papers from The 7th International Conference on Complex Networks and Their Applications"
A special issue of Future Internet (ISSN 1999-5903).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (10 April 2019)
The International Conference on Complex Networks and Their Applications brings together researchers from different scientific communities working on areas related to data and network science. The variety of scientific topics ranges from network and graph theory; statistical mechanics; models of networks; community structure; geometry; visualization; financial and economic networks; social and urban networks; human behavior; epidemic models; political networks; earth sciences applications; control and synchronization; resilience and robustness; machine learning; other fields of computer science, network medicine, and neuroscience, and many others. For the seventh edition of this annual event, 421 contributions have been received from 50 countries around the world. The papers invited for submission to this Special Issue are technically beyond the scope of the contributions appearing in the conference proceedings and include significantly new material. They reflect the latest problems, advances, and diversity within the complex network community.
Dr. Hocine Cherifi
Dr. Chantal Cherifi
Dr. Christian Quadri
Dr. Feng Xia
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Models of complex networks
- Structural network properties
- Complex networks and epidemics
- Community structure and discovery
- Motif discovery
- Complex networks mining
- Dynamics on and of complex networks
- Link prediction
- Multiplex networks
- Network controllability
- Synchronization in networks
- Algorithms for network analysis
- Networks visual representation
- Large-scale graph analytics
- Social reputation, influence, and trust
- Information spreading in social media
- Rumor and viral marketing
- Recommendation systems and networks
- Financial and economic networks
- Complex networks and mobility
- Biological and technological networks
- Mobile call complex networks
- Bio-informatics and earth sciences applications
- Resilience and robustness
- Networks for physical infrastructures
- Networks, smart cities, and smart grids
- Political networks
- Supply chain networks
- Complex networks and information systems
- Complex networks and CPS/IoT
- Graph signal processing
- Cognitive network science