A section of Foods (ISSN 2304-8158).
This section focuses on all the factors influencing the properties of milk and dairy products, including composition, functionality, nutritional value, production, processing, quality, safety and consumer acceptability. It also covers ingredients derived from milk and byproducts from dairy industries. The section is predominantly concerned with milk from the major milking species: bovine, caprine, ovine and buffalo. However, contributions on milk and dairy products from alternative species (camel, donkey and others) will be considered.
- fermented milk
- infant formula
- dairy microbiology
- whey proteins
- consumer preferences
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Cheese: Technology, Compositional, Physical and Biofunctional Properties (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Baby Food and its Future Potential (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Recent Research Advances in Milk Lipids (Deadline: 30 May 2019)
- Processing and Technology of Dairy Products (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Microbial Safety and Quality of Dairy Foods (Deadline: 1 August 2019)
- New Frontiers in Fermented Dairy Products (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- Chemical and Technological Characterization of Dairy Products (Deadline: 31 January 2020)