Special Issue "Advanced Cybersecurity Services Design"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 April 2021).
Cybersecurity technologies have been researched extensively in the last few years in order to face the current threat landscape, which has shown a continuous growth in the quality and quantity of attacks, which have been oriented toward any potentially vulnerable item (people, software, firmware, hardware, etc.). Thus, there is a need for more sophisticated cybersecurity services that are able to combine different technologies to cover all the different aspects that such attacks may utilize.
In this Special Issue, we are gathering original contributions in this area, where different technologies are combined and integrated in order to provide heterogeneous cybersecurity services.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Data analysis applied to cybersecurity;
- Generative adversarial models;
- Adversarial training with machine learning technologies;
- Attacks against machine learning technologies;
- Applications of transfer learning to cybersecurity;
- Application of ontologies and formal behavior representation to cybersecurity;
- Knowledge inference for incident response and decision making;
- Visual analytics for cybersecurity awareness;
- New HCI approaches for cybersecurity services;
- New cybersecurity services and approaches for social engineering attacks;
- New approaches for modeling and detecting insider threats;
- Modeling the work climate for detecting potential insider threats;
- User behavior modeling for cybersecurity;
- User-centered cybersecurity;
- Integration of heterogeneous data sources and sensors for cybersecurity awareness;
- Modeling cyber threat intelligence;
- Integrating cyber threat intelligence for enhanced cybersecurity awareness;
- Dynamic risk management.
Prof. Dr. Victor A. Villagrá
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Technologies integration for cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity awareness advances services
- Dynamic risk management
- AI applications to cybersecurity
- Cyber threat intelligence