Special Issue "Advances in Applied Smart Mobile Media & Network Computing"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2021.
Interests: smart mobile computing; multimedia QoS/QoE; next generation mobile networking; mobile edge computing; deep learning neural networks; intelligent network design; new media processing
Interests: IoT; digital twin; cyber-physical system; trust information management; deep reinforcement learning
Interests: internet of things; digital twin; trust in AI and data; 5G/6G networks
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Electronics: Cloud-Based Big Data Analytics in the Internet of Things and Smart Cities
Special Issue in Electronics: IoT, Edge Computing and AI: Enabling Emerging Intelligent Applications
This Special Issue focuses on new media systems, smart edge computing, and networking-based research and breakthroughs. Mobile edge computing, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence are now essential parts of handling the data volumes generated by new media and smart devices. Further 5G/6G enhancements, such as but not limited to network slicing, non-public networks, and core networking infrastructures, will ultimately help to realize the vision of a global network. Various applied strategies and systems, or more specifically new media and smart computing, will provide a pathway for modern research and applied sciences. Applied new media management/ processing, AR/VR technology and applications with mobile content computing and networking are crucial to facilitate new advances in this section of applied sciences. In this Special Issue, we will present recent advances in applied new media systems, smart computing, and networking-based research and breakthroughs. We are aiming to publish the latest, and most technically sound research articles that demonstrate theoretical and practical contributions to smart mobile media and network computing.
Topics of interest for this Special Issue include, but are not limited to:
- Cloud computing-based optimization;
- Mobile edge computing;
- Applied new media management/ processing;
- AR/VR new media technology and applications;
- Mobile content computing and networking;
- New media QoS/QoE analysis and evaluations;
- Deep learning approaches for new media processing;
- Smart networking and mobile communications;
- Applied computer vision for new media;
- Applied machine learning approaches to utilize smart computing and networking;
- IoT based Opportunities, benefits, and use cases in applications;
- Digital twin and cyber-physical system;
- Large datasets on new media analysis;
- Current state-of-the-art and future trends of new media and smart mobile computing-based applications;
- New generation broadcasting, streaming and telecommunication convergence media;
- Next-generation 5G/6G network and communication;
- Edge-based multimedia processing in real-time;
- Applied augmented vision and communications in edge services;
- Emerging and innovative convergence technology and applications.
Prof. Jinsul Kim
Prof. Tai-Won Um
Prof. Gyu Myoung Lee
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Applied Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- smart mobile computing
- AR/VR new media technology
- media QoS/QoE
- deep learning, broadcasting and telecommunication convergence media
- multimedia processing
- intelligent network design
- 5G/6G networks based media transmission
- innovative convergence technology