Special Issue "Soil Water Conservation: Dynamics and Impact"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (28 February 2018)
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Dr. Saskia Keesstra
In this Special Issue we would like to invite papers addressing the state of the art of Soil and Water Conservation research. Practical, as well as process-based research, are welcome in this Special Issue. We would like to focus both on green and blue water: With the purpose of showing novel measuring and modeling approaches, including interactions between soil physical and hydraulic properties, soil water conservation and crop yield. In addition we would like to invite studies focussing on how we can develop adaptive strategies of soil water conservation to counteract the impacts of climate change.
Specific topics we would like to address in this special issue are:
- Agricultural management: Effect of soil use and management on soil water conservation (no-tillage, minimum tillage, crop residue management, soil mulching) and how to achieve greater water use efficiency
- Forest management: Effects of afforestation and deforestation on water yields, with specific focus on semi-arid climates and ecohydrology-based forest management as adaptive measure to global change
- Scaling issues: Controls of the vegetation on soil water balance across the spatial scales: From pedon to basin scale.
- Process understanding: Hydrological processes governing water dynamics in humid or semi-arid environments: monitoring and modelling.
- Modelling applications for predicting climate or land use change impacts on water availability.
- New technologies: Innovative methods for monitoring water dynamics and investigate soil properties governing hydrological processes.
Prof. Dr. Saskia Keesstra
Dr. Simone Di Prima
Dr. Mirko Castellini
Dr. Mario Pirastru
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Soil and water conservation
- climate change adaptation
- blue and green water
- agricultural amendaments
- forest management