Special Issue "Biodiversity 2020: Agriculture, Environment and Wellbeing"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2021.
Interests: agrobiodiversity; vegetable production; greenhouse production; plant nutrition; soilless culture; vegetable quality; nitrate
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: agriculture; soil fertility; plant nutrition; crop production; crop management; soil analysis; nutrient management; crop science; biofertilizers; field experimentation
Interests: horticulture and floriculture
Interests: food processing; antioxidant activity; gastronomy; phenol; food processing and engineering; food science; nutrition; food; antioxidants; food chemistry
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
The Special Issue includes a selection of papers that will be presented at the XIII National Conference on Biodiversity "Biodiversity 2020", that will be held from 8 to 11 September 2020 in Foggia (Italy). （https://sites.google.com/unifg.it/biodiversity2020). The event, organized by the Department of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Sciences (SAFE) of the University of Foggia, represents an important appointment for scientific debate among researchers, experts of national and international organizations and technicians of public administrations on the protection and valorization of biodiversity.
The conference program is based on various aspects of scientific research and policies, related to plant, animal, and microbial biological diversity for food and agriculture, as well as to natural ecosystems.
The main objectives of the conference are (1) to examine the urgent issues of biodiversity protection in a scenario of climate change and food insecurity; (2) to disseminate current knowledge in the identification, application, and development of strategies aimed at promoting the diversification in natural and anthropized systems, cultural, and food diversity; (3) to increase knowledge on the function, distribution, and abundance of biodiversity, to communicate scientific knowledge on biodiversity.
Prof. Pietro Santamaria
Prof. Conversa Giulia
Prof. Elia Antonio
Dr. Massimiliano Renna
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Biodiversity of terrestrial and aquatic agrosystems and ecosystems
- Genomic evaluation of biodiversity
- Biodiversity monitoring and conservation
- Biodiversity and water systems regulation and quality
- Biodiversity and crop protection from pests/pathogens/weeds
- Breeding and product quality of animal biodiversity
- Biodiversity and regulation of natural events
- Biodiversity, air quality, and climate mitigation
- Biodiversity, climate change, and alien species
- Biodiversity management on a territorial scale
- Biodiversity, territory, and landscape
- Biodiversity and historical rural landscapes
- Biodiversity and agroforestry
- Biodiversity in agrosilvopastoral systems
- Biodiversity in urban, peri-urban, fringe areas
- Biodiversity landscape enjoyment
- Biodiversity and recovery of abandoned and marginal areas
- Species/habitat conservation and regeneration of compromised environments
- Biodiversity, ethnobotany, and traditional cultures and knowledge
- Biodiversity, human wellbeing, and health
- Biodiversity and human nutrition
- Biodiversity and diversification of the diet
- Wild plants properties and medicinal herbs
- Value of biodiversity and of ecosystem services, economic and social impact
- Policies on biodiversity