Special Issue "Women in Islam"
A special issue of Societies (ISSN 2075-4698).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2018)
This call for papers for a peer-reviewed special issue on “Women in Islam” invites submissions focusing on women’s understanding, interpretation and lived experience of Islam with attention to women’s agency. Possible fields of inquiry include, but are not limited to:
- How Muslim women talk about and find meaning in Islam as a source of identity and belonging
- How Muslim women engage their faith as a belief system and how they choose to express that faith in both personal and public life
- How Muslim women identify and address issues they believe are in need of reform or reinterpretation, particularly where legal issues, restrictions, or family dynamics are concerned
- Muslim women’s vision of Islam as a system of ethics
- Muslim women’s reference to Islam in decision-making, whether domestically, in their communities, in businesses and the corporate world, politically, with respect to the environment, etc.
- Muslim women’s social activism
- Muslim women’s engagement in interfaith dialogue, organization and efforts
We encourage submissions from all disciplines, regions and time periods.Dr. Natana J. DeLong-Bas
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Societies is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.