Topical Collection "Wearable and Unobtrusive Monitoring Systems"
A topical collection in Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220).
Prof. Toshiyo Tamura
Wearable and unobtrusive monitoring systems are rapidly evolving and used for healthcare, exercise activity monitoring, performance assessment, and other fields such as the environmental, agricultural, and food industries.
Concomitantly with the development of biocompatible materials and IoT technologies, the optimization of the sensing system has become more complex, ranging from biology, chemistry, nanotechnology, and micro-fabrication to wireless networks and electronic engineering.
The aims of this Topical Collection are as follows:
- To present the current developments in wearable and unobtrusive monitoring including medical parameters such as cardiopulmonary, bioelectrical signal, motion and rehabilitation, temperature, blood substances, and nutrition estimation.
- Recent developments in wearable and unobtrusive monitoring devices are more accurate than previous ones. The scope of monitoring will spread widely, among medically approved, precise devices as well as environmental and industrial monitoring including emergency and safety monitoring. Additionally, simple handling, fast response, low cost, and highly reliable devices are needed to improve quality of life. We welcome such device development, total monitoring system with wireless transmitting and storing data technologies, and security.
- Both review articles and original research papers are welcome. We have a particular interest in papers concerning novel and innovative approaches in wearable and unobtrusive monitors, as well as total monitoring systems.
Prof. Toshiyo Tamura
Prof. Wenxi Chen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the collection website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Wearable sensing
- Unobtrusive sensing
- Image monitoring
- Flexible and tattoo sensors and electronics
- Sensor miniaturization
- Sensor signal processing
- Internet of wearable things
- Microscale power/storage system