Special Issue "Applications of Video Processing and Computer Vision Sensor"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 May 2021.
Interests: Image Processing;Computer Vision
Interests: Video Streaming; Edge Intelligence; IoT system
Interests: pattern recognition; image processing; intelligent video surveillance
Interests: Edge computing; Internet of Things; Green networking
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
With the recent proliferation of deep learning technology and AI democratization by edge computing devices, AI-powered computer vision sensors have gained great interest in academy and industry. Accordingly, we have witnessed the recent booming of various AI-based vision applications (e.g., video surveillance, and self-driving car) in various fields. The goal of this Special Issue is to invite researchers who tackle important and challenging issues in various AI-based vision applications, which may include video processing and computer vision sensors. In particular, this Special Issue aims at providing recent progress on AI-enabled computational photography and machine vision, smart camera systems and applications for intelligent edge. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
1. Deep Learning-Based Computational Photography:
- Image/video manipulation (camera ISP, inpainting, relighting, super-resolution, deblurring, de-hazing, artifacts removal, etc);
- Image-to-image translation;
- Video-to-video translation;
- Image/video restoration and enhancement on mobile devices;
- Image fusion for single and multi-camera;
- Hyperspectral imaging;
- Depth estimation;
2. AI-Enabled Machine Vision:
- Object detection and real-time tracking;
- Anomaly detection;
- Crowd monitoring and crowd behaviour analysis;
- Face detection, recognition, and modeling;
- Human activity recognition; Emotion recognition;
3. Smart Camera Systems and Applications for Intelligent Edge:
- Resource management in edge devices for video surveillance;
- Architecture and efficient operation procedures for edge devices to support video surveillance;
- Intelligent edge system and protocol design for video surveillance;
- Deep learning model optimization for intelligent edge;
- Input filtering for object detection and tracking for Intelligent edge.
Dr. Yong Ju Jung
Prof. Joohyung Lee
Prof. Dr. Giorgio Fumera
Dr. S. H. Shah Newaz
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Computational photography
- Image/video understanding and recognition
- Deep learning algorithms
- AI-enabled machine vision
- Smart camera systems
- Intelligent edge
- Edge computing devices