Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "State-of-the-Art Sensors Technology in Romania 2020"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2020.
Interests: mobile wireless networks and computing applications, pervasive services, context-awareness, and people-centric sensing
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
This Special Issue aims to provide a comprehensive overview of state-of-the-art sensors science and technology in Romania. The theme of the Special Issue is “From Sensors to IoT and the Digital Revolution”, as it is intended to underscore the importance of IoT technologies in bringing about the digital revolution and making it a reality.
We invite research articles that will consolidate our understanding of the state-of-the-art in this area. The Special Issue will publish highly-rated full research and review manuscripts addressing the above topics.
The covered topics will span from sensing devices and principles (including chemical, physical, biological, and optical sensors), to sensor technologies (including micro- and nanofabrication, film, and printed technologies), to sensor systems (including sensor electronics, energy harvesting, sensor networks, and Internet of Things), to applications in different scenarios (including industrial, automotive, environmental, food and agriculture, biomedical, and other fields).
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Physical, chemical, and biological sensors and microsystems;
- Sensors materials and technology;
- Theory, modeling, design, and simulation;
- Sensor electronics and signal processing;
- Wireless sensor networks;
- Sensor systems and applications;
- Actuators and micromachines;
- Packaging and assembly technology;
- Industrial sensors and IoT protocols;
- Advanced communications and connectivity, and 5G technologies;
- Sensors and the technology advances brought by artificial intelligence;
- Cybersecurity, data security, and privacy technologies for sensory data;
- Data and the Internet of Things—volume, velocity, and variability;
- Green Technologies—the environment, sustainability and the circular economy;
- From sensors and sensor systems.
Prof. Ciprian Dobre
Prof. Dr. Octavian Fratu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.