Special Issue "Recent Trends in UAV Remote Sensing"
A special issue of Remote Sensing (ISSN 2072-4292).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2016).
Interests: UAV and multi/hyperspectral remote sensing; image processing and analysis; change detection; machine learning; pattern recognition; computer vision
Interests: geometric and radiometric sensors; sensor fusion; calibration of imageries; signal/image processing; mission planning; navigation and position/orientation; machine learning; simultaneous localization and mapping; regulations and economic impact; agriculture; geosciences; urban area; architecture; monitoring/change detection; education
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Remote Sensing: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Geomatics
Special Issue in Drones: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Geomatics
Nowadays, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) are involved in a wide range of remote sensing applications. UAVs are rapid, efficient and flexible acquisition systems. They represent a valid alternative or a complementary solution to satellite or airborne sensors especially for extremely high resolution acquisitions on small or inaccessible areas. Thanks to their timely, cheap and extremely rich data acquisition capacity with respect to other acquisition systems, UAVs are emerging as innovative and cost-effective devices to perform numerous urban and environmental survey tasks.
This Special Issue aims at collecting new developments and methodologies, best practices and applications of UAVs for remote sensing. We welcome submissions which provide the community with the most recent advancements on all aspects of UAV remote sensing, including but not limited to:
- Data processing and photogrammetry
- Data analysis (image classification, feature extraction, target detection, change detection, biophysical parameter estimation, etc.)
- Platforms and new sensors on board (multispectral, hyperspectral, thermal, lidar, SAR, gas or radioactivity sensors, etc.)
- Data fusion: integration of UAV imagery with satellite, aerial or terrestrial data, integration of heterogeneous data captured by UAVs
- Real time processing / collaborative and fleet of UAVs applied to remote sensing
- Onboard data storage and transmission
- Applications (3D mapping, urban monitoring, precision farming, forestry, disaster prevention, assessment and monitoring, search and rescue, security, archaeology, industrial plant inspection, etc.)
- Review of national and international regulations
- Any use of UAVs related to remote sensing
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Remote Sensing is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.