Special Issue "Reenvisioning Religious Education"
A special issue of Religions (ISSN 2077-1444).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 October 2018).
Religious education, as a field and practice, has a long and complex history. For many, religious education conjures up an array of images and questions, often stemming from personal experiences in educational settings, a longing for genuine learning communities, an exploration of religious traditions, and at times anxieties about the future and purpose of religion or religious education for generations to come. In this special edition on Reenvisioning Religious Education, we invite papers that help us wrestle with these ever-changing images and questions.
For example, some areas that papers might explore include:
- Purpose of religious education scholarship and praxis
- Challenges facing eeligious education, generally or within a particular context
- Critical approaches to religious education, such as feminist, womanist, liberation, etc.
- Interfaith/interreligious religious education
- Teaching religious practices
- Religious education and social change, historical and contemporary movements
- Exemplars of religious education, such as teachers or activists as religious educators
- Emerging spaces and genres of religious education (Where is religious education thriving? How does technology intersect with religious education? Is informal religious education taking place in new/interesting places?)
The hope is that this conversation will help us envision anew what religious education means for this current generation of practitioners and scholars. In particular, this issue invites the research and perspectives of senior and emerging religious education scholars; reflections from scholar-practioners; and collaborative research projects.
Prof. Almeda Wright
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Religions is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- religious education
- social change
- interreligious education