Special Issue "Advanced Process Monitoring for Industry 4.0"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (25 June 2021) | Viewed by 17807
A printed edition of this Special Issue is available here.
Interests: process analytics; process systems engineering; fault detection, diagnosis and prognosis; industrial data science; chemometrics
This Special Issue aims to bring together recent advances in the broad field of Advanced Process Monitoring for Industry 4.0, including all the activities related to fault detection, diagnosis, and prognosis.
Papers on data-driven, model-based, and hybrid monitoring approaches for continuous, batch, and discrete processes are welcomed, especially when addressing emerging challenges of the new industrial technology landscape, such as, but not limited to:
• High-dimensional process monitoring;
• Dealing with heterogeneous data sources;
• Image-based process monitoring;
• Monitoring 3D objects (e.g., from additive manufacturing);
• Artificial Intelligence for process monitoring;
• Fault diagnosis and troubleshooting;
• Fault prognosis and predictive maintenance;
• Monitoring process health and equipment health;
• Integration of statistical process control and engineering process control;
• Monitoring multistage and/or distributed processes;
• Monitoring the supply chain;
• Handling stationary and nonstationary dynamics;
• Monitoring for cybersecurity;
• Applications in health.
Prof. Dr. Marco S. Reis
Prof. Dr. Furong Gao
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Processes is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.