Special Issue "Polymer Gears, Mechanisms and Transmissions"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 December 2022) | Viewed by 12702
Interests: machine design with polymer materials; product design; advanced solutions in CAD
Interests: polymers; polymer gears; numerical analysis; power transmissions; thermo-mechanical modeling; experimental testing
The use of engineering grade and high-performance polymers in power transmission systems has experienced an exponential increase in the last couple of decades. Ever higher performance demands require a thorough and comprehensive understanding of all mechanical, tribological, thermal, and other related physical properties of the employed polymers and their behavior in real-life applications. The purpose of this Special Issue is to present the most recent insights related to the engineering properties of various polymers’ power transmission components, including all aspects of their behavior during production and operation. The scope of this Special Issue includes but is not limited to:
- Special applications in polymer power transmissions;
- Special applications in polymer micro gears, micro mechanisms, micro power transmissions;
- Design methods: load carrying capacity (new or improved models for fatigue, wear, and temperature prediction), design of non-involute gears, tooth shape optimization (tip relief, root fillet optimization);
- Manufacturing: 3D printing, advanced injection molding techniques (process parameters), injection-compression molding, etc.;
- Advanced materials: biopolymers, composites;
- Quality control: geometrical quality control (tactile and optical methods), void control (tomography), crystallinity;
- Advanced numerical studies of polymer power transmission systems;
- Novel experimental testing methods.
Prof. Dr. Nikola Vukašinović
Dr. Borut Černe
Dr. Damijan Zorko
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Polymers is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Polymer power transmissions
- Polymer micro gears, micro mechanisms, micro power transmissions
- Design methods
- Polymer part manufacturing
- Polymer part prototyping
- Quality control
- Numerical studies
- Experimental methods