Plant Physiology and Metabolism
A section of Plants (ISSN 2223-7747).
The Plant Physiology and Metabolism Section of the journal Plants publishes original research and timely review articles on all aspects of physiological mechanism and biochemistry, both metabolic and structural. The Section aims to increase our knowledge on the biochemical and biophysical basis of plant and algal physiology and the use of this knowledge for engineering photosynthetic organisms for enhanced biomass productivity, resistance to abiotic stress, and synthesis of high-value products.
As a section of a plant biology journal, all presented work must be clearly related to physiological and biochemical processes of higher plant, lower plant, multicellular, and unicellular algae, i.e., work on agriculture, horticulture or chemical constituents will not be considered unless clearly related to physiological processes.
In particular (but not exclusively), this Section invites contributions that report on:
• Photosynthesis and respiration;
• Photoprotection and abiotic stresses;
• Structure and function of biochemical macromolecules and their organization into supercomplexes;
• Acclimation to abiotic stress;
• Oxidative stress;
• Photoreceptors and other receptors of the physical environment;
• Signal transduction of environmental factors;
• Engineering of plants and algae for enhanced photosynthetic yield and biomass accumulation;
• Engineering of plants and algae for accumulation of biofuel precursors.
Prof. Dr. Roberto Bassi
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Leaf Senescence (Deadline: 15 October 2019)
- Starch Metabolism in Plants (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- The Plant Two-Component System (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Regulation of Central Carbon and Amino Acid Metabolism in Plants (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Roles of Cytokinins in Plants and Their Response to Environmental Stimuli (Deadline: 1 December 2019)
- Seed Dormancy: Molecular Control of its Induction and Alleviation (Deadline: 30 December 2019)
- ROS Responses in Plants (Deadline: 30 December 2019)
- Plant Nitrogen Assimilation and Metabolism (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Cell Separation Processes in Plant Development and Environmental Adaptation (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Plant Membrane Transporters (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- Genetics of Seed Germination and Growth (Deadline: 10 February 2020)
- Lipid Metabolism in Plants (Deadline: 29 February 2020)
- Plant Respiration 2020 (Deadline: 29 February 2020)
- Plant Responses to Water-Deficit Stress (Deadline: 29 February 2020)
- The Role of Abscisic Acid in Plant Abiotic Stress Responses (Deadline: 30 April 2020)
- Plant and Microbe Adaptations to Cold (Deadline: 31 August 2020)