Special Issue "Photochemical Processes in Sunlit Surface and Atmospheric Waters"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2019
It is my pleasure to invite you to contribute to this Special Issue of the MDPI journal Molecules on the topic of the photochemistry of surface (which may be broadly interpreted as both freshwater and saltwater) and atmospheric waters. This is an excellent opportunity to present original data or literature reviews on a growing research topic that encompasses both the photochemical functioning of natural ecosystems/aquatic compartments, and the photochemical degradation of pollutants or of molecules of environmental relevance (including the photoinactivation of pathogens). If you intend to contribute with a review, it is my suggestion to choose a topic where it is possible to outline the development of research in the last five years (which of course does not mean that pre-2014 citations are not allowed, but that the main body of the review should possibly cover the post-2014 research). I would also draw your attention to a couple of issues that can be of some importance:
1) The topic of photochemical processes for water and wastewater treatment is outside the scope of this issue, while the problems concerning the underwater light field in natural aquatic ecosystems are included within the scope;
2) Molecules is an open access journal, thus please have a look at the journal policy concerning the article processing charges.
I hope that you may consider the opportunity to give a contribution to this special issue, which will hopefully provide a collection of papers that will make up a reference for the scientists who work in the field, or who would like to start undertaking research in environmental photochemistry.
Prof. Dr. Davide Vione
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Molecules is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Photochemical reactions: direct photolysis and indirect photochemistry
- Photochemical functioning of natural ecosystems
- Naturally-occurring photosensitisers
- Photodegradation of pollutants and of important natural molecules
- Photochemical generation of compounds/species of environmental importance
- Photoinduced metal cycling
- Combined photochemical and microbial processes
- Solar disinfection and pathogen photoinactivation
- Novel techniques to assess phototransformation reactions in the environment
- Photochemical processes in the atmospheric aqueous phase