A section of Materials (ISSN 1996-1944).
Nanomaterials are composed of structures at the nanoscale, usually achieved via specifically designed self-assembly processes. They acquire unique electronic, optical, mechanical, magnetic, catalytic properties, which cannot be achieved without their nano-architecture. Such advanced nanomaterials provide unprecedented opportunities for tuning their properties in a very broad range. It is an actively developing field of modern research with a wide spectrum of applications ranging from nanoelectronics and energy harvesting to biology and nanomedicine. Advanced polymers and nanocomposites, battery materials and multifunctional materials, drug delivery and tissue engineering, bio-inspired and hybrid nanomaterials are just a few examples of research areas where advanced nanomaterials play an essential role.
The "Advanced Nanomaterials" section is a forum for rapid publication of accounts of works pertaining to the preparation, characterization and application of all nanomaterials. The scope of Advanced Nanomaterials comprises, without being limited to, nanoparticles, nanocatalysts, nanoporous materials, nanocomposites, nanofilm and nanoscale technologies. Both experimental and theoretical studies will be covered. Also, development of novel characterization tools that are specifically designed for new nanomaterials to study their structural, spectroscopic and other properties are welcome in this section. All manuscripts to be considered for publication in this section will undergo a rigorous peer-review process and decisions are based on the recommendations of independent reviewers.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Metallic Nanowires and Their Applications (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Silicon Nanoparticles: Synthesis and Application (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Advanced Plasma Processes for Nanotechnologies (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- “Smart” Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Advanced Cancer Nanotechnology (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Antimicrobial Nanomaterials (Deadline: 15 August 2019)
- Nanomaterials for Drug Delivery Application (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Semiconductor Nanowire Devices and Applications (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Toxicity and Functionalization of Nanomaterials (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Smart Nanomaterials for Environmental Remediation (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs) and Nanomaterials in Water Treatment and Purification (Deadline: 31 October 2019)
- Advanced Synchrotron Techniques for Soft and Nanomaterials (Deadline: 15 November 2019)
- TiO2-based Nanostructures, Composites and Hybrid Photocatalysts (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Magnetic Nanoparticles for Biomedical Applications (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Green and Eco-Friendly Nanotechnology (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Advanced Mesoporous Nanomaterials for Potential Use in Healthcare (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Novel Magnetic Nanomaterials: from Fundamental Sciences to Applications (Deadline: 15 December 2019)
- Nanostructured Membranes for Health, Environment and Renewable Energy (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Advances in Liquid Crystal Nanomaterials (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Advanced Design, Synthesis, and Application of Colloidal Suspensions of Magnetic Nanoparticles (Deadline: 15 February 2020)