Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
- Land Home
- Aims & Scope
- Editorial Board
- Reviewer Board
- Topical Advisory Panel
- Instructions for Authors
- Special Issues
- Sections & Collections
- Article Processing Charge
- Indexing & Archiving
- Editor's Choice Articles
- Most Cited & Viewed
- Journal Statistics
- Journal History
- Journal Awards
- Society Collaborations
- Editorial Office
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
29 July 2020
Call for Special Issue Proposal
As an international and cross-disciplinary peer-reviewed open access journal, Land (ISSN 2073-445X; IF 2.429) provides a platform for the publication of advanced scientific research in the areas of land science, including, but not limit to, land use/land change, land management, land system, landscape and ecosystem (including aquatic and marine systems),urban contexts, land-soil-sediment-water system, land–climate interactions, etc. The Land Editorial Team is pleased to announce this Open Call for Special Issue Proposals, which give a group of authors the possibility to work on an interconnected set of papers on an innovative topic. We would like to solicit high-quality proposals that will be evaluated in a competitive procedure in a rolling basis throughout the year.
Proposals for a Special Issue should have a well-articulated unifying topic and reflect, at an international level, the best work in a particular research area, either a mature area or an important emerging area, in which future investigation may be boosted by the publication of a set of excellent papers. Hence, an international group of guest editors and few high-quality planned papers are always encouraged in the proposals.
Please take into account that Proposals for Special Issues should be sent by 31 December 2020 to the Editorial Office ([email protected]), who will forward them to the Editors of Land for evaluation.
Information to be provided in a proposal
- 300–500 word summary to rationally explain the significance, novelty, technical advancement, and adherence to the scope of the jouranl of the proposed topic.
- A few keywords of the topic.
- A plan for obtaining quality papers or a list of at least 3 planned papers.
- A brief resume of the proposed Guest Editors together with their information (Title, Name, Email, Affiliation, Personal Website, Keywords of interests).
- A proposed submission deadline (we normally run a Special Issue for 6–8 months).
Guest Editor(s)’ Role
- Once the proposal is accepted, the GE will circulate the Call for Papers for the Special Issue and invite submissions.
- Each submission will undergo a formal peer review process, after which we will ask GE, the Editor in Chief, or a suitable Editorial Board Member to decide whether the paper is acceptable for publication in Land.
- If ten or more papers are published in this Special Issue, we can make a Special Issue book and send a hard copy to each Guest Editor.
Editorial Office’s Role
The Editorial Office will take care of setting up the Special Issue website, arranging for promotional material, assisting with invitations to contribute papers, and administrative tasks associated with peer review, including inviting reviewers, collating reports, contacting authors, and professional production before publication.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Editorial Office for further details and clarifications.
We look forward to receiving your creative proposals.
Land Editorial Office