Special Issue "Precision Medicine—From Bench to Bedside"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (20 December 2016).
In the personalized medicine era, human diseases are further classified into subtypes accordingly to the molecular portrait. Characteristics of certain gene(s) and cluster of genes/proteins will have better prediction on the prone of the disease, treatment response and prognosis.
In this Special Issue, we focus, particularly, on how precision medicine can be applied from bench to bedside. After all, accurate diagnosis and prescribing right drug and right treatment to the right patient is a common goal of healthcare professionals in providing prevention and effective treatments.
We welcome original papers and review articles that focus on the latest advances of precision medicine. The following key areas are covered but not exclusive:
- Genetic variant of human diseases in precision medicine
- Examples of precision medicine in human disease treatment and prevention
- Application of Omics technologies in precision medicine
- Application of big data analysis in precision medicine
- Molecular imaging for precision medicine
- Tools employed in precision medicine, including molecular diagnostics, analytics and software
- The application of panomic analysis and systems biology for precision medicine
- Precision oncology
- Using molecular pathological epidemiology to identify potential biomarkers for precision medicine
- Extending precision medicine principles into basic science research and biomedical information technology activities
Dr. William Chi-shing Cho
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Molecular Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. There is an Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal. For details about the APC please see here. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.