Special Issue "Geovisualization and Geo Visual Knowledge Discovery"
A special issue of ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (ISSN 2220-9964).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2020.
Interests: geospatial data analysis; geospatial visualization; machine learning; visual knowledge discovery; geospatila data fusion and conflation
Interests: geospatial big data; geospatial VR/AR/MR; 3D visualisation; integrated geospatial technologies data and systems; human–computer simbiosis; visual analytivs
Geovisualization has been in the forefront of GIS for years, with the focus on visualizing already discovered geospatial knowledge. The current trend is moving this domain towards integrated visual knowledge discovery by combining new developments in geospatial visualization, data fusion, and machine learning for multiple geospatial domains. This Special Issue invites papers in all these areas and their integration.
The specific topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Geospatial visualization;
- Visual analytics and knowledge discovery;
- Visualization of high-dimensional geospatial data without loss of information;
- Interpretable machine learning to support geospatial big data application scenarios;
- Geospatial visualization to support smart cities;
- Geospatial data visualization to support the Internet of Things (IoT);
- Geospatial data processing to support 3D printed construction;
- Geospatial virtual, augmented, and mixed reality;
- Human–computer symbiosis to support efficient geospatial visualization;
- Geosensorics to support 4D geospatial analytics;
- Geospatial visualization in support of autonomous cars navigation;
- Geospatial visual analytics for GEOINT;
- Geospatial aspects of robotic agriculture application scenarios;
- Visual aids to support geospatial education in civil engineering, intel, and construction.
Prof. Dr. Boris Kovalerchuk
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Eugene Levin
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.