Special Issue "Isotope Geochemistry"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 May 2018)
This special issue is intended to highlight the latest developments in isotope ratio analysis in geoscientific related fields. Over the past few decades, isotope analytics have seen tremendous technical advances. This has facilitated the measurement of isotopic fractionation of all multi-isotopic elements and opened up new applications of isotope ratio analysis in geochemical, environmental, biochemical, forensic and archeological science.
In this special issue on Isotope Geochemistry, we hope to initiate a discussion of the benefits of isotope analysis in general, the technical challenges of high precision isotope ratio measurements and the robustness of the statistical treatment of isotopic data, including the impact of statistical evaluation for the implications drawn from isotope data. While we welcome contributions covering unique and novel applications of isotope ratio analyses, we would like to encourage in particular submission of studies that:
- unambiguously demonstrate an advantage of using isotope ratio analyses over elemental data
- the technical challenges of high precision isotope ratio measurements (i.e. analytically induced mass-independent isotope fractionation due to oxide and hydride formation, matrix effects, mass bias correction methods)
- present new technical approaches for isotope ratio analyses, such as high resolution IRMS, laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy, and collision-cell MC-ICP-MS
- discuss and propose common statistical assessment of isotope ratio data
- demonstrate the application of isotope data in applied and industrial research
- emphasize the potential for isotope ratio analyses for inter-disciplinary research approaches
Dr. Karla Newman
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Geosciences is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 850 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Applied isotope geochemistry
- Novel isotope analytics
- Instrumentation development
- Instrumental mass bias effects
- Matrix effects
- Isotope ratio data treatment