Special Issue "Electrical Machine Design 2020"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2020.
Interests: energy conversion; energy efficiency; electrical machines design; magnetic materials; multiphysic modeling; multiobjective optimization; numerical models
The interest for higher-performance electrical machines is a constant challenge among the research and industrial communities. This challenge has been enhanced with the emergent and even more critical electrification of modern transportation systems, as for example in the aircraft and in automobile industries, thus creating the need for new designs of electrical machines and to spread their current electromagnetic, thermal, and mechanical limits.
The development of new electromagnetic materials and the significant growth of computational resources have been key aspects contributing to overcoming this challenge. The Guest Editor is inviting submissions to a Special Issue of Energies on the subject area of “Electrical Machine Design 2020”. This Special Issue will deal with novel designs and optimization techniques and with the application of new electromagnetic materials for electrical machines. Topics of interest for publication include but are not limited to:
- Techniques for electrical machines design and optimizations;
- FEM, BEM, and analytical methods;
- Multiphysic coupled simulation and optimization;
- Electromagnetic, thermal, and mechanical simulations;
- Application of new magnetic material and soft magnetic materials;
- Novel machine configurations and topologies;
- Electrical machines design for aircraft and automotive applications;
- Alternative for rare-earth electrical machines.
Prof. Dr. João Filipe Pereira Fernandes
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- techniques for electrical machines design and optimizations
- FEM, BEM, and analytical methods
- multiphysic coupled simulation and optimization
- electromagnetic, thermal, and mechanical simulations
- application of new magnetic material and soft magnetic materials
- novel machine configurations and topologies
- electrical machines design for aircraft and automotive applications
- alternative for rare-earth electrical machines