Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Prospects for Integrating Electric Vehicles into Power Systems"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2019.
Electric vehicles (EV) bring a sustainable future for the next generation of automobiles. Penetration of EV has increased drastically in the recent past; however, EV integration into power grids adds more challenges for power system engineers worldwide. The presence of nondispatchable and fluctuating energy sources requires smart management of the power system. The intent of the Special Issue is to collect innovative contributions on the integration of EVs in power systems considering the presence of renewable energy sources (RES), EV coordination with RES and power networks, hypothesis of EV charging/discharging strategies. It also aims to highlight the benefits that a charging station can create in the feeders.
The topic to be covered in this Special Issue are as follows:
- Electric vehicles integration study methodologies and data requirements
- Impact of electric vehicles on demand profiles
- Power system balancing with high share of electric vehicles
- Power quality issues related to electric vehicles
- Protection aspects related to electric vehicles in distribution grids
- Design concepts for ancillary services with electric vehicles
- Evaluation of rules and mechanisms for integrating of electric vehicles
- Role of electric vehicles in the electricity market
- Charging infrastructure concepts
- Innovative converters for V2G and G2V
- Impact of electric vehicle charging infrastructure on distribution networks/power system
- Innovative Smart Grid/IT solutions considering electric mobility
- Modelling of electric vehicle/charging infrastructure for power system planning and interconnection studies
Dr. Vito Calderaro
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- electric vehicles
- renewable energy sources
- charging strategies