Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Coatings for Dies and Molds"
A special issue of Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2018).
This Special Issue aims to provide a forum for the latest developments in "Coatings for Dies and Molds", taking into account the lifespan increase usually desired by sheet metal stamping or plastic injection companies. The objective of the Special Issue is to disseminate fundamental theoretical knowledge about how coatings can improve the performance of important tools, usually subjected to severe conditions in terms of temperature, friction and loads imposed, as well as of empirical research to address significant theoretical and practical issues in the following areas:
- Suitability of the coatings for stamping dies
- Suitability of the coatings for plastic injection
- Wear mechanisms involved in stamping dies
- Wear mechanisms involved in the injection of glass fiber reinforced plastics
- Multilayered thin films for molds
- Coatings to improve release in injection molding
- Corrosion protective coatings for injection molding
- Improvement of the abrasion resistance in the injection of glass fibers reinforced plastics
- Effect of the temperature on the coatings applied in plastic injection moulding
- Coatings applied in plastic injection molding: Case studies
- Study of the lifespan improvement regarding the application of coatings
- Multilayered coatings for stamping tools
- Coatings to improve the friction behavior in stamping dies
- Fatigue effect on coatings applied in stamping tools
- Coatings wear characterization
- Influence of the film microstructure on the coating behavior
- Simulation of the deposition process and coatings properties prediction
- Simulation of the coatings behavior
Prof. Dr. Francisco J. G. Silva
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Coatings is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.