Special Issue "Advances in Coatings Vacuum Deposition Systems"
A special issue of Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (21 September 2018)
This Special Issue aims to provide a forum for the latest developments in "Coating Vacuum Deposition Systems", taking into account the accelerating evolution of technology, scientists and customers' requirements, new demands on coating characteristics, and so on. The objective of the Special Issue is to disseminate fundamental theoretical knowledge, necessary to support comprehensive knowledge regarding the latest developments in deposition techniques and devices used to produce advanced coatings. Topics should focus on reactors typology, reactors thermal and energetic efficiency, new devices used to improve the coatings adhesion, techniques and systems to produce graduate and nanostructured films, upgrades carried out on standard reactors in order to get better performance or coatings with improved characteristics, systems and techniques used to increase the deposition rate or get a better performance on the plasma distribution into the reactor, as well as empirical research to address significant theoretical and practical issues in the following areas:
- PVD Reactors typology (state-of-the-art)
- CVD Reactors typology (state-of-the-art)
- Techniques able to improve deposition rate
- Devices able to induce a better adhesion between coatings and substrates
- Plasma enhancers
- Large-scale deposition reactors
- Atmospheric plasma
- Devices and techniques to improve the coatings uniformity
- How to enhance the PVD and CVD processes sustainability
- How to save energy in advanced deposition processes
- How to improve the nanostructured coatings deposition
- How to increase the mechanical properties of the deposited films
- Techniques and devices to improve the multilayered films deposition
- In situ measurements, carried out during the deposition process
- Simulation applied to advanced coating deposition processes
Prof. Dr. Francisco J. G. Silva
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Coatings is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.