Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Metal/Metal Oxide-Support Interactions in Heterogeneous Catalysis"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 June 2020.
Prof. Dr. Anil Banerjee Website E-Mail
Department of Chemistry, Columbus State University, Columbus, GA 31909, USA
Interests: heterogeneous catalysis; low temperature catalytic oxidation of methane and carbon monoxide; kinetics and mechanism; surface science; identification of surface species and metal–metal oxide support interactions by XPS, TEM, SEM, STEM, XRD, TPD, etc.
Metal/metal oxide support interaction in heterogeneous catalysis is an important and emerging area of research, as evidenced by the significant number of research articles published in recent years. This Special Issue will focus on the following areas of this field of research:
- The determination of the structure and morphology of the support, interactions of the support with metal/metal oxide catalysts, structural variations in the supported metal nanoparticles, and the effects of metal/metal oxide support interactions on particle size. Relevant structural and surface analytical techniques may include Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDX), Scanning/Transmission Electron Microscopy (S/TEM), spherical aberration corrected Scanning/Transmission Electron Microscopy (Cs-S/TEM); X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) , X-ray Diffraction (XRD) , Infra-Red Spectroscopy (IR), X-ray Absorption Near Edge Structure (XANES),Extended X-ray Absorption Fine Structure (EXAFS), and Temperature Programmed Reduction (TPD).
- The effects of metal/metal oxide-support interactions on the catalytic activity, reaction rate, and turnover frequency.
Prof. Dr. Anil Banerjee
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Catalysts is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- heterogeneous catalysis
- nano-structured catalytic materials
- metal–metal oxide support interactions
- structural, textural and surface characterizations
- environmental catalysis applications
- catalytic activity
- structure–activity relations
- particle size
- particle size distribution