A section of Catalysts (ISSN 2073-4344).
The Section “Metal Catalysis” aims to publish promising recent research and novel trends in the field of environmental remediation (pollution from gaseous pollutants and electromagnetic pollution generated by electronic devices), energy and fuels production, CO2 valorization, and sustainable chemistry.
This section covers the full range of metal catalysis, encompassing supported noble metals and transition metals dispersed on reducible oxides, perovskite-type oxides, polyoxometalates, MoS2-based materials, short carbon fibers (SCFs), carbon–nitride, metal–carbon–CNF, carbon nanoforms; organic–inorganic hybrids, organocatalysis and ionic liquids.
Original contributions addressing the synthesis and characterization, electronic structure, redox and acid-basic properties, morphology and those devoted to the in-depth understanding of the relationship between surface/bulk properties and catalytic performances/reaction mechanisms are welcome. Attention to metal–metal and metal–support interactions on the multifunctional materials involved, as well as simulation studies of materials, catalytic reactions and processes are highly recommended.
Contributions aiming to give insights and differences between heterogeneous thermal catalysis and photocatalytic processes are encouraged.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Preferential Oxidation of Carbon Monoxide (Deadline: 28 February 2019)
- Metal Catalysts for Renewable Energies (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Recent Advances in Homogeneous Catalysis (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Supported Catalysts for Carbon Oxides Methanation (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Ni-Containing Catalysts (Deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Catalysis in α-Olefin Polymerization/Oligomerization (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Fluorine Chemistry and Catalysis (Deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Catalysis and Catalytic Processes for CO2 Conversion (Deadline: 31 May 2019)
- Catalytic Carbonylation Reactions (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Heterojunction-Based Photocatalysts and Photoelectrodes for Water Splitting and CO2 Reduction: From Fundamentals to Applications (Deadline: 31 July 2019)
- Iron and Cobalt Catalysts (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Synthesis and Application of Zeolite Catalysts (Deadline: 31 August 2019)
- Fundamentals and Applications of Copper-Based Catalysts (Deadline: 15 September 2019)
- Supported Metal Catalysts and Their Applications in Fine Chemicals (Deadline: 30 September 2019)
- CO2 Capture, Utilization and Storage: Catalysts Design (Deadline: 15 October 2019)
- Advanced Hybrid Materials for Catalytic Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Advances on the Techniques for Characterizing Ceria-Based Materials and Non-Stoichiometric Oxides (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Understanding the Zeolite Catalysis (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Heterogeneous Catalytic Materials: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications for Energetic Purposes (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Rare Earth Complexes as Polymerization Catalysts (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Microporous Zeolites and Related Nanoporous Materials: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications in Catalysis (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- MOFs for Advanced Applications (Deadline: 31 January 2020)
- Catalysis for Two-Dimensional (2D) Materials (Deadline: 15 April 2020)