Special Issue "Peroxiredoxin"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2022.
In 1987, Kim and colleagues identified the first peroxiredoxin (Prx) protein, a thiol-specific antioxidant, in yeast [1,2]. Since then, researchers have identified six isoforms of Prx in mammalian cells alone. Prxs are key molecules in intracellular ROS homeostasis that play important biological roles in various cellular processes including cell growth, differentiation, apoptosis, the immune response, and metabolism. In addition, Prxs have been found to play roles in a variety of post-translational modifications such as phosphorylation, ubiquitination, and glutathionylation.
The goal of this Special Issue is to bring together current views, new insights, and cutting-edge research on the biological roles of Prxs. These include Prxs sourced from all species, from prokaryotes to eukaryotes, including those found in E. coli, plants, yeasts, and animals.
I look forward to your contribution.
- Kim, K., Kim, I.H., Lee, K.Y., Rhee, S.G., and Stadtman, E.R (1988). The isolation and purification of a specific “protector” protein which inhibits enzyme inactivation by a thiol/Fe(III)/O2 mixed-function oxidation system. J. Biol. Chem. 263, 4704-4711.
- Kim, I.H., Kim, K., and Rhee, S.G (1989). Induction of an antioxidant protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae by O2, Fe3+, or 2-mercaptoethanol. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 86, 6018-6022.
Prof. Ho Hee Jang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Antioxidants is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- reactive oxygen species
- stress response
- redox signaling
- peroxidase activity
- chaperone activity
- protein–protein interaction
- post-translational modifications
- Peroxiredoxin 6 as a Unique Member of the Peroxiredoxin Family in Antioxidants (11 articles)
- The Role of Peroxiredoxins in Cancer in Antioxidants (5 articles)