Special Issue "Big-Data Driven Multi-Criteria Decision-Making"
A special issue of Big Data and Cognitive Computing (ISSN 2504-2289).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (28 February 2019)
Governmental agencies, independent organizations, educational institutes, and business entities around the globe relentlessly carryout experimentations, surveys, and analyses on numerous issues. As a result, a huge amount of intellectual resources (data, information, and/or knowledge) has been accumulated and stored in numerical, textual, graphical, audio, and video forms. In general, when we link and access such intellectual resources through the Internet, we call it “big data.” Nowadays, we have big data for such sectors as agriculture, health, local government, climate, ecosystems, consumers, manufacturing, energy, marine, public safety, finance, and scientific research. The fact of the matter is that big data will serve as a source of decision-relevant information while making both formal and informal decisions in all sectors mentioned above and beyond. In this Special Issue, we invite our colleagues to publish original articles, reviews, and technical notes related to the following topics (but not limited to them):
- Big data driven multi-criteria decision formulation
- Big data driven sector-centric decision making
- Big data driven decision computation (e.g., new aggregation function and alternative ranking process)
- Influence of different forms (e.g., numerical, textual, and graphical) of big data in the decision making process
- Multi-agent decision making using big data
- Uncertainty management for big data driven decision making
- New apps and tools for multi-criteria decision making using big data
- Usages of big data in making decisions for Industry 4.0/Society 5.0
- Integration of sector-wise big data for decision making
- Artificial Intelligence and/or computational intelligence for big data driven decision making
- Problems related to big data driven decision making
Dr. AMM Sharif Ullah
Dr. Md. Noor-E-Alam
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Big Data and Cognitive Computing is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) is waived for well-prepared manuscripts submitted to this issue. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Sector-driven big-data
- forms of big-data
- artificial intelligence
- formal decision making
- informal decision making
- decision-relevant information
- granular information
- multi-criteria decision making