About Big Data and Cognitive Computing
Big Data and Cognitive Computing (ISSN 2504-2289) is an international, interdisciplinary scholarly scientific, and open access journal on big data and cognitive computing for computer science.
In the past decade, the computer and information industry has experienced rapid changes in both platform scale and scope of applications. Computers, smart phones, clouds, social networks, and supercomputers demand not only high performance but also a high degree of machine intelligence.
As a matter of fact, we are entering an era of big data and cognitive computing. In the big data era, successful cloud systems, web services and supercomputer centers must be designed to discover, store, process, learn, analyze, and predict from a massive amount of data.
To face these new computing and communication changes, we must upgrade the clouds and the computing ecosystem with new capabilities, such as machine learning, IoT sensing, data analytics, and cognitive machines mimicking human intelligence.
This journal blends together big-data theories with emerging technologies on smart clouds and exploring supercomputers with new applications
Big Data, Clouds and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Data Storage and Management
- Data Search and Mining
- Big Data Infrastructure and Systems
- Big Data Processing and Analytics
- Big Data Applications in Science, Internet, Finance, Telecommunictions, Business, Medicine, Healthcare, Government, Transportation, Industry, Manufacture, etc
- Big Data Integrity and Privacy
- Big Data Models, Algorithms, and Architectures
- Cloud Computing Techniques
- Cloud Services and Applications
- IoT Technologies and IoT Architecture
- IoT Sensing and Mobile Systems
- IoT Applications
- Machine Learning and its Applications in Medicine, Biology, Industry, Manufacturing, Security, Education, etc
- Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Affect/Emotion/Personality/Mind Computing
- Cognitive Modeling
- Cognitive Informatics
- Cognitive Sensor-Networks
- Cognitive Robots
- Application of Cognitive Computing in Health Monitoring, Intelligent Control Systems, Bioinformatics, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Grids, Image/Video and Signal Processing, etc
- Robots & Control Systems
- Natural Language Processing
- Human-Machine/Robot Interaction
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
BDCC is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in BDCC will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.