Energy Storage and Conversion Systems
Energy storage and conversion are crucial topics for research and industry, especially in the perspective of a sustainable development. Scientific and technological progresses in these fields may improve the potential capabilities and the efficiency in the use of energy both traditional, renewable and unconventional sources.
Energy storage technologies, such as batteries, fuel cells, supercapacitors (ultracapacitors), superconducting magnetic energy storage (SMES), combined with reductions in costs, are creating new scenarios and opportunities in the development and the market of energy generation, grids, industrial plants, complex systems and consumer electronics.
We would like to invite submissions to this Topic to collect the latest developments and applications in these interdisciplinary fields and to provide a common framework to authors from different research areas.
The Topics of interest for publication include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Energy storage theory and applications;
- Energy conversion theory and applications;
- Power electronics and converters for smart grids, microgrids and electrical/hybrid vehicles;
- Power converters for renewable sources, such as solar, wind, hydro and marine power;
- High-voltage direct current (HVDC) grids and conversion systems;
- Experimental techniques for characterization and diagnosis of energy storage and conversion systems;
- Approaches and tools for modeling and simulation;
- Batteries technologies, processes, materials, test and modeling;
- Fuel cells and hydrogen-based systems;
- Supercapacitors (ultracapacitors) and lithium-ion capacitors;
- Superconducting magnetic energy storage (SMES);
- Thermal energy storage, cogeneration and thermal management;
- Combination and integration of several energy sources and storage solutions;
- Control algorithms, including artificial intelligence tools;
- Management systems, such as battery management systems (BMS);
- Power quality, load management, peak shaving and back-up issues;
- Energy harvesting and recovery;
- Reliability, resilience and safety of complex systems and grids;
- Technical-economical evaluations and market analyses.
Prof. Dr. Alon Kuperman
Dr. Alessandro Lampasi
- energy storage
- energy conversion
- renewable energy
- power generation
- energy management
- power systems
- power electronics
- power converters
- smart grids
- electrical vehicles
- fuel cells
- electrical machines and drives
- testing and modeling
|Journal Name||Impact Factor||CiteScore||Launched Year||First Decision (median)||APC|
|3.252||5.0||2008||16.2 Days||2200 CHF||Submit|
|2.690||3.7||2012||16.6 Days||2000 CHF||Submit|
|3.352||3.5||2013||13 Days||2000 CHF||Submit|
|-||-||2020||24 Days||1000 CHF||Submit|
|-||-||2021||15.0 days *||1000 CHF||Submit|
* Median value for all MDPI journals in the first half of 2022.
Preprints is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research outputs permanently available and citable. MDPI journals allow posting on preprint servers such as Preprints.org prior to publication. For more details about reprints, please visit https://www.preprints.org.