Special Issue "Hydrology, Water Resources Management and Protection of the Marine Environment–Selected Papers from the 15th International Conference on Environmental Science And Technology (CEST2017)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (25 May 2018).
2. Hydrology and Water Resources, Laboratory of Hydraulic Works and Environmental Management, Department of Rural and Surveying Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 541 21 Thessaloniki, Greece
Interests: floods and droughts; hydrodynamic flood routing modelling; impacts of climate change on hydrological processes; extremes and water resources; applications of GIS and remote sensing in hydrology and water resources management; natural environmental hazards and their impacts
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Water: Flood Estimation and Analysis in a Variable and Changing Environment
Special Issue in Water: Selected Papers from the 1st International Electronic Conference on Water Science
Special Issue in Water: Hydrological and Hydro-Meteorological Extremes and Related Risk and Uncertainty
Interests: water resources analysis and simulation; catchment hydrology; analysis and evaluation of hydrological systems; model identification and evaluation; development of tools for water quantity and quality management, time series analysis and extreme values estimation; droughts and climate change impacts assessment; integrated waste management; composting; circular economy; eco-effectiveness
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
This Special Issue will include selected papers that were presented at the 15th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology—CEST2017 (www.cest.gnest.org), which was held in Rhodes from 31 August to 2 September, 2017.
The main aim of this Special Issue is to present the latest trends in the fields of hydrology, hydrological forecasting and services, and water resousrces management, as well as to deal with topics regarding water pollution from microplastics and the protection of the marine environment. Subtopics to be covered are as follows:
- Understanding, forecasting and predictions of water resources dynamics
- Hydrological models and water resources management tools
- Water security, human safety and development
- Understanding of catchment functioning through new generation data, advancements in monitoring techniques and environmental modelling
- Estimation and prediction of water systems under past, present and future conditions, and/or under ungauged conditions
- Μodel hypothesis, uncertainty and diagnostic model evaluations
- Putting scientific advancements into practice and highlighting the operational challenges
- Hydrological education and cooperative experiments (exchange programs and virtual laboratories)
- Hydrological forecasting and warning services
- Environmental fate, bioaccumulation and quantification of microplastics
- Impacts of microplastics on the marine environment
- Coastal vulnerability due to climate change
- Marine pollution with emphasis in oil spills, on a global, regional and local scale are expected to be addressed.
Dr. Demetris Francis Lekkas
Dr. Ilias Pechlivanidis
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Water is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Water resources dynamics
- Hydrological models
- Water resources management tools
- Hydrological forecasting
- Marine environment
- Coastal vulnerability
- Marine pollution