COVID-19 Vaccines and Vaccination
A section of Vaccines (ISSN 2076-393X).
The aim of this “COVID-19 vaccines and vaccination” special issue is to provide with information on currently available and novel experimental approaches for the development of vaccines for the control of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection and it associated coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Global efforts to develop vaccines recently have resulted in 3 FDA-approved vaccines candidates with excellent safety and efficacy profiles in human clinical trials that have resulted in large-scale vaccination campaigns early in 2021.Currently, RNA-based vaccines and replication defective adenovirus-based vector have been used for the treatment of COVID-19 in humans. However, additional safe and effective vaccines are needed for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2 infection and its associated COVID-19 disease.
In this section “COVID-19 vaccines and vaccination” we will consider original research and review articles, including short reports and full-size manuscripts, covering aspects related to SARS-CoV-2 vaccine development for the treatment of COVID-19 disease. These include (but not limited to) antigen selection; subunit, inactivated, and live-attenuated vaccines; approaches to enhance innate and adaptive B- and T-cell protective responses; vaccine adjuvants; delivery methods and strategies; immunological responses to SARS-CoV-2 infection or COVID-19 disease; and animal models to assess protection efficacy against SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 disease.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Epidemiology of COVID-19 (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Vaccines: Uptake and Equity in Times of the COVID-19 Pandemic (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Frontiers in Vaccines for COVID-19 and Related Coronavirus Diseases (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Vaccination Strategies for COVID-19 (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Psychological Aspects of COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake: Principles and Empirical Strategies (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- The Covid Vaccine (Deadline: 15 February 2022)
- Vaccination Strategies for SARS-CoV-2, the Causative Agent of COVID-19 (Deadline: 28 February 2022)
- Host Innate Immune Responses against SARS-CoV-2 (Deadline: 31 March 2022)
- People’s Perception on COVID-19 Vaccine and Its Accessibility (Deadline: 30 April 2022)
- Allergic Reactions to Current Available COVID-19 Vaccines (Deadline: 1 May 2022)
- Unraveling SARS-CoV-2 Pathogenesis: Development of Vaccines and Therapeutics for COVID-19: Version II (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- Safety Concerns, Sources of Liability, Compensation Strategies and the Right to Be Informed: Ethical and Legal Issues of COVID-19 Vaccination (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- SARS-CoV-2 Variants Research and Ending the COVID-19 Pandemic (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- VLP Based Coronavirus Vaccines (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Advances in COVID-19 Vaccines Development (Deadline: 31 July 2022)
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Considerations for Public Health and Policy (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination and Compliance/Hesitancy (Deadline: 2 September 2023)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: