Special Issue "Selected Papers from UCAmI 2018 –The 12th International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2019
The 12th International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence (UCAmI 2018) will take place in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic), 4–7 December, 2018.
The UCAmI conference is an event that promotes the participation of specialists in different fields related to sensor technologies. In this Special Issue, the aim is to encourage leading, as well as new academic and industry practitioners, to engage in research relating to Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence. Authors of the selected papers from the conference are invited to submit the extended versions of their original papers and contributions regarding the following topics:
- Design and implementation of wearable sensors and embedded technologies in ambient assisted living contexts.
- Sensors for environmental monitoring.
- Location in ambient intelligence.
- Security and privacy in ubiquitous computing and ambient intelligence.
- Future internet and autonomous networking in ambient intelligence.
- IoT, M2M and D2D communication in ambient intelligence.
- Mobile Ad-Hoc and wireless sensor networks.
- Use of sensors and actuator devices in ubiquitous environments and other technological solutions.
- Implementation, deployment, and evaluation of sensor systems.
- Tangible and natural user interfaces.
- Internet of Things. Technological implementations using smart devices for sensing or actuation.
- mHealth. Smart environments for health.
- Applications of ubiquitous computing and ambient intelligence.
- Edge/Fog Computing.
- Cloud architecture and platform.
Dr. Macarena Espinilla
Dr. Vladimir Villarreal
Dr. Ian McChesney
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access bimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Ambient Intelligence
- Internet of things
- Smart devices
- Sensors and Actuators network
- Smart Environments
- Sensor-based Interactions
- Ambient Assisted Living
- Wearable Sensors