Special Issue "Machine Learning for Remote Sensing Image/Signal Processing"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Interests: multispectral; colour and grey scale image processing; colorimetry; vision physics; pattern recognition
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: hyperspectral remote sensing; high performance computing; graphics processing units
Machine learning techniques have been applied in remote sensing for more than 20 years now. We are, however, experiencing an explosion of new capabilities and application areas where machine learning in remote sensing is playing and will continue to play a capital role. In particular, new sensors with ever increasing capabilities and new computing hardware and software capabilities are allowing us to tackle problems that were considerably difficult to approach just a few years ago.
This Special Issue is aimed at presenting new machine learning techniques and new application areas in remote sensing. We particularly welcome papers focused on, although not limited to, one or more of the following topics:
- Deep learning techniques for remote sensing
- Machine learning techniques for inference and retrieval of bio–geo–physical variables
- Machine learning for remote sensing data classification and regression
- Multi-temporal and multi-sensor data fusion, assimilation, and processing
- Machine learning platforms for big data and highly demanding remote sensing applications
- Machine learning for multispectral and hyperspectral remote sensing platforms and applications
- Machine learning for uncertainty analysis and assessment in remote sensing
- Machine learning for remote sensing estimation and characterization of highly variable and dynamic earth processes
We would like this Special Issue to become an example of the most up-to-date machine learning approaches used to solve some of the problems considered by the remote sensing community.
Prof. Dr. Pedro Latorre-Carmona
Prof. Dr. Antonio J. Plaza
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Remote Sensing is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- deep learning
- inference and retrieval
- data fusion
- high performance computing
- multispectral and hyperspectral data processing
- uncertainty analysis and assessment
- dynamic earth processes