Special Issue "Metamaterials for Advanced Photonic and Plasmonic Applications – Selected Papers from Metamaterials’2018"
A special issue of Photonics (ISSN 2304-6732).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 January 2019
The 12th International Congress on Artificial Materials for Novel Wave Phenomena—Metamaterials’2018 will be held in Espoo (Finland), 27 August–1 September, 2018, and it will comprise a four-day conference and a two-day doctoral school. Since its first edition in 2007, the Metamaterials Congress has established itself as one of the most important forums, worldwide, for physicists, engineers, applied mathematicians and material scientists to share and discuss the latest results about complex materials for waves manipulation and control in all the involved scientific fields.
We are very glad to serve as Guest Editors of this Special Issue to be published in Photonics that will contain a selection of papers submitted and accepted at Metamaterials’2018. Its main scope is to provide a timely and broad collection of the most innovative topics discussed at the latest edition of the congress related to photonics and plasmonics. We warmly invite researchers to submit their contributions, both original research articles and review papers, to this Special Issue. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Fundamentals and applications of artificial materials and surfaces at infrared and optical frequencies;
- Plasmonics and optical properties of metamaterials;
- Novel optical effects enabled by metamaterials;
- Experimental techniques and characterization of nanomaterials;
- Biological and biomedical applications of metamaterials;
- Metamaterials for nanoelectronics and nanophotonics;
- Metamaterials for quantum electronics;
- Energy harvesting and thermophotovoltaics;
- Nanocarbon, nanotubes, graphene and bio-inspired materials
Prof. Dr. Andrea Alù
Prof. Dr. Filiberto Bilotti
Prof. Dr. Alessio Monti
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Photonics is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- complex materials and metamaterials
- structured surfaces and metasurfaces
- novel optical effects
- nanomaterials, nanoparticles and nanoplasmonics
- nonlinear, quantum, superconducting metamaterials
- optical cloaking and transformation optics