Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Advances in Dietary Sodium Research to Improve Human Health"
A special issue of Nutrients (ISSN 2072-6643).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2019).
We invite you to contribute to a Special Issue of Nutrients, entitled “Advances in Dietary Sodium Research to Improve Human Health”. The purpose of this Special Issue is to advance knowledge to inform programs and policies for population-wide dietary sodium reduction. To supplement these contributions, we welcome the submission of manuscripts describing original research and systematic reviews/meta analyses. Manuscripts across a broad range of topics will be considered, but priority will be given to manuscripts that address the following themes:
- Health impacts of population-wide dietary sodium reduction
- Health economic analyses related to population-wide dietary sodium reduction
- Changes in dietary sodium intake at the population level.
- Effects of novel interventions to reduce dietary sodium at the patient, community or population level
- Development and impact of social marketing campaigns to reduce dietary sodium
- Sodium content in the food supply
- Knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of the public and other stakeholders (i.e., food service, food industry, education sector) related to sodium
- Analysis of the development and implementation of knowledge translation strategies that resulted in engaged and activated partners and networks and policy change related to sodium
Assist. Prof. Dr. JoAnne Arcand
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- behaviour change
- social marketing
- food environment
- program evaluation
- health outcomes
- health econonmics
- knowledge translation