Special Issue "Flavonoid Intake and Human Health"
A special issue of Nutrients (ISSN 2072-6643).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 November 2018).
Interests: health benefits of plant-derived chemicals; flavonoids and cognitive performance
Interests: Cognitive function; cognition; memory; executive function; type 2 diabetes; flavonoids; polyphenols; glycaemic index; glycaemic load; glucose
There is now a substantial body of literature that has investigated the potential benefits to health of acute and chronic flavonoid consumption. This Special Issue presents the leading evidence in the field, through a series of systematic reviews, original data sets, and commentaries focused on the following topics:
- Exploring the cognitive benefits of epicatechin consumption with a mechanistic cerebral blood flow perspective
- The interaction between acute flavonoid ingestion and acute exercise interventions for influencing polyphenolic gut peptides.
- The efficacy of dietary flavonoids for prevention and treatment of metabolic disorders such as type 2 diabetes
- An overview of the mechanistic complexities surrounding flavonoid intake and gut microbiota.
- The interplay and overlap between cardiovascular health and cerebrovascular health following systematic flavonoid consumption
- A detailed, critical review of the epidemiological evidence examining the link between dietary flavonoid consumption and chronic disease risk.
Prof. Claire Williams
Dr. Daniel Lamport
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Cognitive performance
- Gut microbiota