Special Issue "Beverage Consumption and Human Health"
A special issue of Nutrients (ISSN 2072-6643).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 September 2015) | Viewed by 63513
Interests: diet; lifestyle; modifiable risk factors; stroke; cardiovascular disease
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Nutrients: Mendelian Randomization Studies on Nutritional Factors and Health Outcomes
This Special Issue of Nutrients, entitled “Beverage Consumption and Human Health”, welcomes the submission of manuscripts, which either describe original research or review scientific literature. Manuscripts should focus on beverage consumption in relation to human health or disease.
Potential topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Association between alcoholic beverage consumption and risk of Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, cardiovascular disease, obesity, or type 2 diabetes
- Black, green, or herbal tea consumption in relation to chronic disease
- Coffee consumption and health
- Effects of cocoa-based drinks on risk of cardiovascular disease
- The effects of fruit and vegetable juices on risk of cardiovascular disease
- Milk consumption and risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, osteoporotic fractures, or overall mortality
- Soft drinks and other sweetened drinks in relation to risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, obesity, or diabetes
- Water consumption and risk of chronic disease
Dr. Susanna C. Larsson
Dr. Margo Barker
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nutrients is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- alcoholic beverages
- cardiovascular disease
- chronic disease
- cocoa drinks
- cohort, case-control and intervention studies
- fruit juices
- soft drinks
- sweetened beverages